SPOKANE, Wash. - Sweet Frostings Bake Shops are helping to paint Spokane purple and raise awareness about domestic violence.
Right now, half of their $4 white and purple cookies will go to the YWCA's fight to End the silence.
Sweet Frostings held a similar fundraiser last year with much success.
“It affects about one in three women in Spokane, and one in seven men in Spokane. So it's prominent in the area,” said Jessica Winfrey, who works at Sweet Frostings.
On Thursday, the community is invited to the downtown Sweet Frostings location for the YWCA Cupcakes with cops event. Spokane officers will be handing out free mini cupcakes, and attendees will have the opportunity to learn about the YWCA's Domestic Violence month challenge and learn about the services they offer.
- Holiday deals for the savvy consumer
- New details emerge in Medical Lake High School explicit photo drive
- Travel easier during the busiest holiday weekend in a decade
- Cantwell fights higher park fees
- Padden named ranking member on Senate Law and Justice committee
- Best deals for in-store shopping on Black Friday 2017