SPOKANE, Wash. - Crisis negotiators helped ensure a standoff situation in the 2200 block of North Perry ended peacefully Thursday night.
Officers rushed to the scene after reports of a domestic violence situation with a weapon and arrived to find a man threatening his family with a gun.
The family was allowed to leave once officers arrived, but the man refused to come out of the home. Crisis negotiators were called to the scene and eventually convinced the man to come out, where he was taken into custody without incident.
He now faces charges of unlawful possession of a firearm in the second degree and city assault domestic violence.
- Spokane family knows first hand high demand for behavioral health services
- North Monroe project to move forward despite lingering concerns
- Bloomsday looking for more volunteers
- Historic Ridpath hotel to be turned into affordable housing
- Problematic drug house in Spokane boarded up
- Local school district tackles '13 Reasons Why'