SPOKANE VALLEY, Wash. - Deputies have successfully talked an armed, suicidal man out of harming himself, bringing to an end a standoff near the intersection of Tschirley and Sprague in Greenacres.
Spokane County Sheriff's spokesman Deputy Craig Chamberlin said the man was sitting in a vehicle and is armed with a .44 caliber handgun. Spokane Valley Police and Fire units responded to the scene.
The roads in the vicinity of the intersection at Tschirley and Sprague were shut down while Central Valley School District, as soon it heard about the incident, brought all student athletes into Greenacres Middle School, which was near where this man was parked in his vehicle, as a precaution.
Deputies were able to talk the man down just after 5 p.m.
- Give 4 Kids raises over $58k for Children's Miracle Network
- Man who lost leg in motorcycle crash reunites with dentist who saved him
- 3D printing technology helps cardiologists save lives
- National Prescription Drug Take Back Day
- Spokane man accused of sexually assaulting women faces serious penalties
- Idaho city officials eye former mill site along Spokane River