SPOKANE, Wash. - The Washington State Patrol is still looking for a man involved a high speed chase late Wednesday night.
The incident began after WSP pulled over a blue Doge Ram near Greene and Rebecca around 9:30 P.M. Wednesday night for reckless driving. The man refused to pull over and officers chased the truck to the Northeast End of Spokane Community College where the driver fled on foot toward the Spokane River.
WSP quickly deployed the K-9 unit but lost the scent. They believe the suspect jumped into the river.
The man has a warrant out for his arrest for driving with a suspended license and a stolen motorcycle was found in the back of his truck.
An officer on scene says he engaged in a similar chase with the same suspect last year. They are currently contacting known associates.
- 4 Things To Know For Tuesday, April 25
- City Council approves $1.75m loan for Ridpath Redevelopment
- Mail Theft Ring Suspect Arrested
- City working to fill potholes despite poor road conditions
- Wrongful death lawsuit over case of Brenda Thurman still unresolved
- Post Falls company under fire for racist image