NORTH SPOKANE COUNTY - The Washington State Patrol is investigating a pedestrian accident that killed a woman walking along Highway 2 north of Spokane Tuesday night.
The crash happened near the Big R at Highway 2 and Lane Park Road around 8:30 p.m.
According to a WSP trooper, the woman was walking in the right-hand northbound lane when she was hit.
WSP said the woman who was hit was drunk. She was taken to Sacred Heart, but later died.
- Driver arrested after Spokane Valley crash injures four juveniles
- Lawmakers don't want pot billboards to be appealing to kids
- Thousands of pennies to help nonprofit school
- Hundreds 'March for Science' in Spokane
- Pink Ribbon Run will raise funds for local breast cancer patients
- STA one step closer to Central City Line