Spokane Valley Police are investigating a stabbing in the parking lot of Summit School late Monday night.
Valley Police responded to an assault call at 6th and McDonald looking for a female victim in a car nearby. They found the 19-year-old woman, who had multiple stab wounds to the back of her head.
Paramedics arrived and transported her to Sacred Heart Medical Center for treatment of her injuries.spokane valley stabbing video
Police interviewed witnessed and determined the fight was over ex-boyfriends and girlfriends and that the suspect was Cody Gray, 19, ran east from the scene after the fight.
A K9 was brought in to help with the search and quickly located Gray at her home in the 13400 block of East 6th Avenue. She was taken into custody and showed officers where she hid the knife that had been used in the assault.
Gray was booked into the Spokane County Jail on a single charge of 1st Degree Assault.
While investigating the assault police also got witness statements that shots had been fired. Detectives processed the crime scene and did find several shell casings but a gun was not located.
- Thousands of pennies to help nonprofit school
- Hundreds 'March for Science' in Spokane
- Pink Ribbon Run will raise funds for local breast cancer patients
- STA one step closer to Central City Line
- Providence Health Care to break ground on new behavioral health hospital
- Man charged with almost a dozen sexual assaults