SPOKANE, Wash. - A Spokane woman was robbed at knifepoint near the Rockwood Clinic Tuesday morning on 5th Avenue just east of Chandler.
The woman got out of her car, came around the front of it, and at that point a man with a knife came up behind her and threatened to slash her throat if she didn't give him her purse.
Police say it happened around 7 a.m. Tuesday as the woman was headed to work at the Rockwood Clinic. The attacker took off running east, and while the victim's throat was not slit, she did receive a minor cut.
The victim then walked up to the clinic just south of the scene at Chandler and 5th where employees called 9-1-1. The woman didn't require medical treatment.
The only description police have is the suspect was a white man, about 6' tall with a skinny build. They're looking for the public's help in catching this dangerous robber.
"If anybody witnessed this, if they were in the area at the time, if they saw something later on, if they know somebody who all the sudden showed up with a purse that doesn't belong to them, all of that information is going to help us and it's those little pieces, that hopefully we can solve a crime like this," Spokane Police Officer Jennifer DeRuwe said.
Police ask if you can answer any of those questions to call Crime Check at 456-2233.
- Domestic violence suspect flees after high speed chase
- Naked man arrested in community college women's bathroom
- 4 Things to Know for April 28th
- North Idaho millionare's estate up for auction
- Many seniors, mentally ill patients losing affordable housing
- Demand for new homes increasing, as is need for skilled workers and land