SPOKANE, Wash. - A woman has died after she was accidentally shot at a South Hill home two days ago.
The victim, who has not been identified, was shot at a home in the 1300 block of West Newark on Dec. 27. Investigators interviewed witnesses and found that one of the people at the residence, Chad Pratt, had been handling a loaded handgun when he fired it, hitting his friend in the head.
Additionally, Pratt, 20, had been drinking alcohol prior to the incident.
Pratt was arrested Friday afternoon and charged with 2nd degree manslaughter for his friend's death.
The identity of the victim has not been released, pending the autopsy to be conducted by the medical examiner.
- Neighbors shocked about Blanchard shooting
- SPD investigating alleged attempted child abduction
- 179 "at risk" students to be excluded from school due to mumps outbreak
- SIRR team investigating weekend officer-involved shooting
- Deputies, suspect involved in Blanchard shooting identified
- Lind-Ritzville schools announce early release Tuesday