SPOKANE, Wsah. - Local students had their wish finally came true Thursday as youngsters at Wilson Elementary finally got the opportunity to meet another Wilson: Russell Wilson.
Thursday afternoon, nearly 400 pint-sized Seahawks fans piled into the cafeteria where they got the virtual opportunity to meet the Seattle Seahawks quarterback via Skype.
During 30 minute, one-of-a-kind assembly, the students got a chance to talk with Wilson and learn more about who he is as a team leader, stand-up guy and a role model to others.
It's not every day kids get to meet their heroes and spend 30 minutes with them on Skype, but that's just what happened Thursday when Wilson finally met Wilson.
The school principal said Thursday they're hoping to raise $12,000, in keeping with the Seahawks #12 theme, for the Spokane Guild School.
- Spokane police officer saves woman from burning car
- Update: Northern Idaho authorities clear deputy in fatal crash
- One person killed in early morning house fire
- Viral video features Spokane area airmen being blocked by protesters
- 92-year-old man attempts snow shoeing for first time
- Thousands participate in Spokane Women's March