SPOKANE, Wash. - A hazmat situation near the Spokane County Jail on Wednesday afternoon was caused by white powder found in piece of inmate mail.
The building, located at Adams and Gardner, houses inmate property and processes inmate mail.
It's not clear if the mail was from an inmate or addressed to an inmate.
Only jail employees came in contact with the powder.
Spokane Police said there doesn't seem to be a threat to the community.
- Thousands of pennies to help nonprofit school
- Hundreds 'March for Science' in Spokane
- Pink Ribbon Run will raise funds for local breast cancer patients
- STA one step closer to Central City Line
- Providence Health Care to break ground on new behavioral health hospital
- Man charged with almost a dozen sexual assaults