A man suspected of shooting a woman in a drug deal gone bad won't be getting out of jail anytime soon. 19-year-old Jahvory Kinard made his first court appearance Friday and his bond was set at $600,000.
Major Crimes detectives say he shot the woman in the chest after she tried to buy $900 worth of pain pills from him in the Wendy's parking lot on N. Ruby in Spokane.
Kinard is the brother of 16-year-old Kenan Adams-Kinard, charged with the murder of World War II veteran Delbert "Shorty" Belton last summer. That case made national headlines.
- 4 Things To Know For Tuesday, April 25
- City Council approves $1.75m loan for Ridpath Redevelopment
- Mail Theft Ring Suspect Arrested
- City working to fill potholes despite poor road conditions
- Wrongful death lawsuit over case of Brenda Thurman still unresolved
- Post Falls company under fire for racist image