SPOKANE, Wash. - Fundraising is essential for nearly all politicians, and if you've ever wondered how much a candidate is raising in your area, all that information is public.
In Washington State, donors have given more than $16 million in donations to the presidential race. It's probably no surprise that Hillary Clinton is outraising Donald Trump in the state. Trump has raised $1,052,636 to Clinton's $7,165,553. But, she's not the only candidate outraising Trump. Even Ted Cruz, the former presidential candidate, has still raised more funds. Cruz has raised $1,165,786.
And in Idaho, Clinton is beating out Trump in donations. Clinton has raised $335,115 while Trump has raised $226,869. Cruz and former Democratic presidential nominee Bernie Sanders have also received more in donations in Idaho than Trump.
More close to home, Cathy McMorris Rodgers is dominating Joe Pakootas in campaign donations. She has raised more than $2.3 million, while Pakootas sits at just $276,081.
If you would like to see a breakdown of donations in your area, click here.
- Four arrested on drug charges in Orofino
- Ridpath Hotel offers affordable downtown housing
- SRHD and Spokane County Jail look to expand methadone treatment to more inmates
- Kootenai County first responders train for railroad emergency
- Arrest made in double murder investigation
- Hottest Christmas items on sale this Black Friday