SPOKANE, Wash. - It's been a nightmare for businesses and pedestrians and now Wall street in downtown Spokane has reopened.
A celebration for the reopening will be this Friday. The renovation is something the city is proud of.
This summer they put the final touches on the surface improvements and they are ready to show it off.
The summer before, the city worked on installing a waste water pipe in the block to help with efforts to reduce overflows to the Spokane River.
During these street renovations, construction was in progress on the new Urban Outfitters store.
The store will have it's grand opening on Thursday.
The grand reopening of Wall Street will be Friday at 11:30 a.m. There will be music, food trucks and raffles.
People can enter to win shopping sprees and gift cards to downtown retailers including Urban Outfitters.
The city says eventually they would like to extend this new design to the block between Main and Riverside, but for now they just want people to come and enjoy the new and improved Wall Street.
- SPD officers attempted tasing suspect before resorting to deadly force
- Unvaccinated students forced to stay home due to mumps outbreak
- 2 Bonner County deputies shot near Blanchard
- Baldwin leaving EWU for Cal offensive coordinator position
- National Weather Service issues Ice Storm Warning for Grant County
- Thousands turn out for MLK march