Spokane, WA - Hillsboro starter Ben Eckels nearly pitched his first complete game in the Northwest League, as the right hander tossed 8 2/3 innings to lead the Hops to a 2-1 victory over the Spokane Indians in front of 3,827 fans on Senior Night presented by Fairwinds Spokane and NOW 105.7.
David Ledbetter pitched a season-high six innings, allowing two runs and striking out one. He gave up six hits, four of which came in the second when the Hops scored both runs with the bases loaded. Abel De Los Santos relieved Ledbetter in the seventh innings, and tossed two innings of scoreless relief while striking out three batters. Keone Kela pitched a perfect ninth.
Janluis Castro, a 2013 Northwest League All Star, collected two hits on the night to help raise his batting average to .257. Castro also scored the Indians' only run, as Gabe Roa knocked him in with an RBI single in the third.
- North Idaho millionare's estate up for auction
- Many seniors, mentally ill patients losing affordable housing
- Demand for new homes increasing, as is need for skilled workers and land
- Pickup plunges over 200-foot cliff, killing driver
- Domestic violence suspect flees after high speed chase
- Two men charged with burglarizing home