SPOKANE, Wash. - Spokane police are investigating a stabbing that sent two men to the hospital, one who is in critical condition.
It happened just before 6 p.m. Monday night at the 1800 block of West 7th.
Police say a couple was in their apartment when a former female roommate and a man arrived.
The two men got in a fight and during that fight the man who lives in the apartment grabbed a kitchen knife and stabbed the other man several times in the back. That man is in critical condition at a local hospital.South Hill stabbing leaves one man in critical condition
The other man's hand was cut during the altercation; he was also taken to the hospital for treatment of his injuries. The two women weren't injured.
Police are trying to figure out what the motive is behind the stabbing; they don't know if this was a self-defense situation.
"The Spokane Police Department responds to these types of incidents all the time, sometimes weekly, sometimes multiple times in a week. It's really not unusual for these fights to turn into, the knife thing is becoming really common," Spokane Police Sergeant Dave Staben said.
Police say the two men have gotten in trouble with the law before. Police haven't arrested anyone at this time.
The names of the two men involved haven't been released.
- Give 4 Kids raises over $58k for Children's Miracle Network
- Man who lost leg in motorcycle crash reunites with dentist who saved him
- 3D printing technology helps cardiologists save lives
- National Prescription Drug Take Back Day
- Spokane man accused of sexually assaulting women faces serious penalties
- Idaho city officials eye former mill site along Spokane River