AIRWAY HEIGHTS, WA - A security scare at Fairchild Air Force Base Sunday night after the driver of a truck crashed through a fence there.
Th Washington State Patrol says 22-year-old Arika McDowell was driving when she lost control of her truck, left Highway Two and crashed through a chain-link fence that surrounds Fairchild's main runway.
She continued on a perimeter road until it reached a locked gate and was surrounded by security forces.
Fairchild officials say the crash had minimal impact on their operations.
WSP troopers arrested McDowell for DUI and Reckless Endangerment because she had a 14-year-old passenger who was injured in the crash.
- Driver arrested after Spokane Valley crash injures four juveniles
- Lawmakers don't want pot billboards to be appealing to kids
- Thousands of pennies to help nonprofit school
- Hundreds 'March for Science' in Spokane
- Pink Ribbon Run will raise funds for local breast cancer patients
- STA one step closer to Central City Line