SPOKANE, Wash. - The University of Washington officially introduced its new space to Spokane on Wednesday afternoon.
According to the University of Washington, the Spokane Center is a space for people and ideas to connect in a meaningful way.
"Our roots here are very deep," said University of Washington Provost Jerry Baldasty.
Baldasty said the Spokane Center helps reinforce UW's commitment to both Spokane and Eastern Washington.
"[UW's] commitment to Spokane has been decades long," said Mayor David Condon at the ceremony.
The center is located in the heart of Spokane's University District at 201 W. Main, and will stand as an information center and engagement hub for Spokane-area alumni, students, prospective students, parents and supporters.
Inside the center, visitor's can view a Wall of Fame that includes members of the UW community who got their start in Spokane.
- Safety tips for people heading outdoors over Memorial Day weekend
- Three killed and several injured in Grant County crash
- DUI arrests still high even with millions using ride apps
- Washington second largest wine producing region in U.S.
- City of Spokane launches Fix-it-Fest 2017
- WSU issues reminder to leave young wildlife alone