SPOKANE VALLEY, Wash. - Spokane Valley Firefighters are trying to figure out what started a fire that damaged three units of the Meadow Ridge apartments Friday morning.
Firefighters responded to reports of an apartment on fire at 12420 East Mansfield at just after 1 a.m. Friday morning after neighbors called 9-1-1.
Those neighbors saw that a unit on the 3rd floor was on fire and were able to help the occupant out before firefighters arrived on scene.
When they arrived, firefighters saw the fire was extending into the attic and quickly initiated fire attack while others had the building evacuated.
The fire was quickly contained and knocked down. The attic, two units on the third floor, and a second floor unit were damaged.
Nobody was injured, and the fire is still under investigation.
- Security upped following Manito Park shooting
- Safety tips for people heading outdoors over Memorial Day weekend
- Three killed and several injured in Grant County crash
- DUI arrests still high even with millions using ride apps
- Washington second largest wine producing region in U.S.
- City of Spokane launches Fix-it-Fest 2017