SPOKANE VALLEY, Wash. - Spokane Valley Firefighters are trying to figure out what started a fire that damaged three units of the Meadow Ridge apartments Friday morning.
Firefighters responded to reports of an apartment on fire at 12420 East Mansfield at just after 1 a.m. Friday morning after neighbors called 9-1-1.
Those neighbors saw that a unit on the 3rd floor was on fire and were able to help the occupant out before firefighters arrived on scene.
When they arrived, firefighters saw the fire was extending into the attic and quickly initiated fire attack while others had the building evacuated.
The fire was quickly contained and knocked down. The attic, two units on the third floor, and a second floor unit were damaged.
Nobody was injured, and the fire is still under investigation.
- Zag fans face cold to catch final MBB home game
- Solid waste collectors and police collaborate to fight crime
- Spokane's beloved K9 Laslo retires
- City of Spokane tries new techniques to tackle potholes
- Waterless week for nearly 300 patrons in CDA
- Civic Theatre actor sentenced to prison for child molestation