SPOKANE, Wash. - According to U.S. News and World Report, Gonzaga University and Whitworth University are among the top 10 schools in the West.
Gonzaga University is listed as the fourth best regional university in the West, while Whitworth rolls in at No. 9.
Gonzaga also made the list as the third best value in the West. Gonzaga is also listed as No. 2 when it comes to its average freshman retention rate and average graduation rate. Gonzaga's School of Engineering and Applied Science rose 10 spots to because the No. 17 best undergraduate engineering program in the nation.
Gonzaga's graduation rate is currently at 82 percent, which is the sixth best rate nationwide.
This is the 18th year in a row that Gonzaga has been in the West's top 10 regional universities. The ranking is based on peer assessment, graduation and retention rates, faculty resources, student selectivity, financial resources and alumni giving.
1) Trinity University (Texas)
2) Santa Clara University (CA)
3) Loyola Marymount University (CA)
4) Gonzaga University
5) Mills College (CA)
6) Cal Poly-San Luis Obispo
7) Chapman University (CA)
8) University of Portland (OR)
9) Whitworth University
10) Seattle University
- Give 4 Kids raises over $58k for Children's Miracle Network
- Man who lost leg in motorcycle crash reunites with dentist who saved him
- 3D printing technology helps cardiologists save lives
- National Prescription Drug Take Back Day
- Spokane man accused of sexually assaulting women faces serious penalties
- Idaho city officials eye former mill site along Spokane River