SPOKANE, Wash. - Two people -- a juvenile and an 18-year-old -- have been arrested after shooting a car window near Whitman Elementary Monday.
Spokane Police report that Monday afternoon a woman was parked near the school to pick her daughter up when a truck drove by and someone inside yelled at her for blocking the driveway.
A verbal argument followed, during which one of the passengers in the truck pulled out a gun and shot the rear window of the woman's vehicle.
The victim was able to get the license plate of the truck as the driver let the scene and gave that information to police.
Officers located the truck and arrested a 15-year-old juvenile for three counts of first degree assault Monday afternoon.
A second suspect, 18-year-old Tanner Caldwell, was later also booked on three counts of first degree assault, one charge for each of the occupants -- the driver and two children -- who were in the victim's vehicle at the time of the incident.
- North Idaho millionare's estate up for auction
- Many seniors, mentally ill patients losing affordable housing
- Demand for new homes increasing, as is need for skilled workers and land
- Pickup plunges over 200-foot cliff, killing driver
- Domestic violence suspect flees after high speed chase
- Two men charged with burglarizing home