SPOKANE, Wash. - A SWAT standoff ended without incident early Friday morning in north Spokane.
Police were called out to the 3900 block of North Post after a woman reported a man she had a restraining order against was in her home. She also said the man had sent her text messages indicating he wanted to commit "suicide-by-cop."
Police arrived on scene and two people exited the home. They told officers the man was armed inside the home.
SWAT was called to the scene. After about an hour of officers trying to communicate with the man he came out of the home.
He was arrested without incident.
- North Idaho millionare's estate up for auction
- Many seniors, mentally ill patients losing affordable housing
- Demand for new homes increasing, as is need for skilled workers and land
- Pickup plunges over 200-foot cliff, killing driver
- Domestic violence suspect flees after high speed chase
- Two men charged with burglarizing home