SPOKANE, Wash. - Authorities are investigating a hit and run in North Spokane that ended with a suspect in critical condition at a local hospital.
The original collision happened near Division and Magnesium around 10:30 a.m. when an SUV hit another SUV. Officers witnessed the hit and run and gave chase to the suspect for about a block
The suspect got out of his vehicle and, when officers caught up with the suspect, following a foot pursuit, that individual had some sort of medical emergency shortly after being taken into custody.
The individual was transported to Sacred Heart Medical Center and is in critical condition. There's no word Wednesday night on what the suspect's medical condition was.
The people who were in the vehicle the suspect hit suffered non life-threatening injuries in the collision.
Because the suspect was in critical condition and taken to the hospital, the Spokane Investigative Regional Response team was activated and the Spokane County Sheriff's Office is the lead agency investigating the incident.
- Idaho city officials eye former mill site along Spokane River
- Spokane man accused of sexually assaulting women faces serious penalties
- Trinity Catholic School breaks ground on new facillity
- New report says Spokane spends $1M on cops in schools
- Spokane man splits top prize in television reality show
- A robot that picks apples? Replacing humans worries some