SPOKANE - Spokane police arrested a 19-year-old man accused of ramming a stolen pickup into two police cars.
Officer Brian Eckersley says the incident occurred Saturday afternoon when police spotted Nash Teal getting into a truck that had been stolen in the morning.
Several officers surrounded the truck in an effort to block the suspect, who then crashed into an unmarked police car and a patrol car in a failed getaway.
Eckersley says Teal ran a short distance before being arrested in a nearby yard. One officer sustained an injury and was treated at a local hospital.
Teal was booked into jail on charges of assault and possession of a stolen vehicle.
- Spokane family knows first hand high demand for behavioral health services
- North Monroe project to move forward despite lingering concerns
- Bloomsday looking for more volunteers
- Historic Ridpath hotel to be turned into affordable housing
- Problematic drug house in Spokane boarded up
- Local school district tackles '13 Reasons Why'