SPOKANE, Wash. - Several streets throughout Spokane will be closed for a short period on Monday for the funeral of Spokane firefighter John Knighten.
Spokane Falls Blvd. will be restricted at Browne for the Line of Duty Funeral starting at 10:30 am. Spokane Falls will be closed from Bernard to Post at 11:00 am. Northbound Bernard will also be closed. The north-south streets will stay open until the procession begins at 2:40 pm.
At 2:40 pm, a rolling slowdown will occur westbound on I-90 and the procession route from the Spokane Convention Center to Medical Lake will begin. Spokane Falls Blvd. and all north and south streets crossing it will be closed at this time. The procession will continue down Spokane Falls to Monroe.
At Monroe, it will move onto Riverside and proceed to Spokane Fire Station 4 at Maple and Riverside. The procession will then move south to I-90. Finally, it will travel west on I-90 to Highway 902 into Medical Lake to the Veteran's Cemetery.
The Maple Street Bridge will remain open, but traffic will be diverted onto 1st and not allowed to continue south to 2nd Ave.
Division and Browne will remain open.
- New report says Spokane spends $1M on cops in schools
- Spokane man splits top prize in television reality show
- A robot that picks apples? Replacing humans worries some
- Domestic violence suspect flees after high speed chase
- Naked man arrested in community college women's bathroom
- 4 Things to Know for April 28th