SPOKANE, Wash - A Spokane woman who had her murder conviction overturned was convicted again Friday afternoon in Spokane County Superior Court.
A jury found Shellye Stark guilty of first degree murder Friday in the death of her estranged husband Dale Stark in 2007. Stark claimed self-defense, saying she endured years of abuse and forced prostitution.
An appellate court overturned her previous conviction, finding fault the jury instructions and other legal technicalities. The most recent jury found she was not guilty of conspiracy to commit murder; her boryfriend Brian Moore faced that charge as well.
- Street closed on 26th and Pines due to water main break
- Zag fans face cold to catch final MBB home game
- Solid waste collectors and police collaborate to fight crime
- Spokane's beloved K9 Laslo retires
- City of Spokane tries new techniques to tackle potholes
- Waterless week for nearly 300 patrons in CDA