SPOKANE, Wash. - Spokane voters approved Proposition 1 on Tuesday, funding Spokane Transit's expansion of service.
Spokane Transit sent the following to KXLY4 News:
"New revenue from the local sales tax rate increase (0.1% increase effective April 1, 2017, and a second 0.1% effective April 1, 2019) enables STA to increase overall service by 25% throughout the region. More than 25 projects will expand to reach new areas, provide more trips along major corridors, improve customer amenities, and reduce overall travel times."
The new projects are slated to begin in May 2017.
- End is in sight for Airway Heights water crisis
- Daughter of Spokane officer charged in kidnapping
- Bicyclist suffers life-threatening injuries after being hit by car
- 3 people shot and wounded in Spokane last weekend
- Arrest of man on mental health hold turns violent
- STA launches new route through Spokane Valley