SPOKANE, Wash. - Spokane voters approved Proposition 1 on Tuesday, funding Spokane Transit's expansion of service.
Spokane Transit sent the following to KXLY4 News:
"New revenue from the local sales tax rate increase (0.1% increase effective April 1, 2017, and a second 0.1% effective April 1, 2019) enables STA to increase overall service by 25% throughout the region. More than 25 projects will expand to reach new areas, provide more trips along major corridors, improve customer amenities, and reduce overall travel times."
The new projects are slated to begin in May 2017.
- Preparing for potential flooding
- Private plowers celebrating winter weather
- Providence Health Care restricting visitors to combat flu season
- Statuses updated for injured Bonner deputies, suspected shooter
- Spokane Public Schools explains decision to hold class Wednesday
- Spokane crews working to fight potential floods