SPOKANE, Wash. - A Shadle Park High School teacher has been placed on administrative leave with pay as the Spokane School District investigates claims he had "inappropriate interactions with students."
Ryan Murphy was placed on administrative leave on March 15. The memo did not elaborate on what inappropriate interactions occurred between Murphy and students.
It also did not mention whether more than one student was involved nor did it identify whether or not the students were from Shadle Park, where he is an English teacher and girls' track coach.ryan murphy admin leave video
In response to a public records request originally filed by KXLY on March 19, the school district provided Friday, 11 days later, a copy of the three-paragraph notice sent to Murphy on March 15 by Tennille Jeffries-Simmons, Human Resources Executive Director for Spokane Public Schools.
That note, in addition to notifying him of the district's investigation into the allegations and placing him on leave, also directed him to report to the district's human resources department on March 23 for a meeting as part of the investigation.
The district also ordered Murphy to stay off district property "until further notice" and if failed to comply it might result in disciplinary action against him.
Neither Murphy nor his union representative have returned calls for comment on this story.
- Neighbors shocked about Blanchard shooting
- SPD investigating alleged attempted child abduction
- 179 "at risk" students to be excluded from school due to mumps outbreak
- SIRR team investigating weekend officer-involved shooting
- Deputies, suspect involved in Blanchard shooting identified
- Lind-Ritzville schools announce early release Tuesday