SPOKANE, Wash. - Spokane has seen a total of 9.5 inches of snow in February, exceeding the average 7.2 inches. Spokane residents are taking full advantage of the extra powder and hitting local parks.
Dozens of families made their way to Manito Park Saturday to sled, tube and even cross country ski.
"I love the snow and that's one of the things I love about Spokane I've lived here for two years now. And I'm obsessed with cross-country skiing, so it is a great way to get out and get some exercise," said Karen Campbell.
The snow is not slowing down, there could be another several inches in the next few days.
- Community helps SPD find hit and run suspect
- Several rallies, marches fill Spokane
- Woman arrested for South Hill hit and run
- Give 4 Kids raises over $58k for Children's Miracle Network
- Man who lost leg in motorcycle crash reunites with dentist who saved him
- 3D printing technology helps cardiologists save lives