SPOKANE, Wash. - Late Friday afternoon the Spokane Police Department identified the three officers who were involved in the fatal shooting of Jeremy Arnold.
Arnold, 37, the suspect in the murder of Tracy Fergerson was shot and killed Tuesday after running through a police barricade and pointing a handgun – later determined to be a pellet gun – at officers as he got out of Fergerson's truck.
The officers involved were Detective Neil Gallion, a Major Crimes detective with 20 years of service with the Spokane Police Department, Sergeant John Gately, a 23-year veteran of the force who serves as a patrol officer, and Officer Jay Kernkamp, an 8-year veteran of the department who also serves in patrol and as a SWAT team medic.
Kernkamp was previously involved in an officer-involved shooting in 2007, while Gately was involved in an officer-involved shooting in 1995. In both cases the prosecutor's office found the shootings were justified.
- Driver arrested after Spokane Valley crash injures four juveniles
- Lawmakers don't want pot billboards to be appealing to kids
- Thousands of pennies to help nonprofit school
- Hundreds 'March for Science' in Spokane
- Pink Ribbon Run will raise funds for local breast cancer patients
- STA one step closer to Central City Line