SPOKANE, Wash. - A Spokane man who was severely burned in a December house fire died Friday at a Seattle hospital.
The fire was on Dec. 4 at a family's house in the 2600 block of East Central Avenue.
The father, Shawn Apperson, 28, was burned while saving his fiance and four children from the flames. Apperson did not fit through the window that they crawled out of and was later found by firefighters. He had third-degree burns over more than 75-percent of his body and he was taken to Harborview Medical Center in Seattle.
The fire started by smoking materials that smoldered after a house guest left for work.
- CDA students fuse technology, creativity and garner international attention
- Carlyle to stop providing assisted living housing in October
- Monday least expensive day to fill up at the pump
- Accidental drug overdoses on the rise in Spokane
- Local businesses worried about transients next door
- Spokane woman writes letter to man who broke into her car