Spokane developer Greg Jeffreys was sentenced Monday for fraud charges dating back to 2006.
Jeffrey's pleaded guilty in November 2013 to multiple charges including wire fraud, bank fraud and conspiracy to commit felony criminal contempt.
Jeffrey's operated several fraudulent schemes in and around Spokane and Las Vegas, Nevada. One of the most notable, defaulting on a $2.6 million loan as part owner of the Ridpath Hotel.
In a statement, US Attorney Micheal Ormsby said, "Greg Jeffrey's became a notorious fraudster in the Spokane area and elsewhere. I commend the FBI and members of my office for their dedication and tenacity in unraveling Jeffreys' fraudulent schemes."
Jeffrey's was sentenced to eight years in federal prison followed by five years surveillance. He was also ordered to pay $9.3 million in restitution.
- Lawmakers don't want pot billboards to be appealing to kids
- Thousands of pennies to help nonprofit school
- Hundreds 'March for Science' in Spokane
- Pink Ribbon Run will raise funds for local breast cancer patients
- STA one step closer to Central City Line
- Providence Health Care to break ground on new behavioral health hospital