SPOKANE, Wash. - The City of Spokane has declared a Stage 1 snow event. Cars should be moved to the odd side of the street on residential hill routes by 10 p.m. this evening to allow snow plows to pass.
Currently, the City as 22 pieces of equipment focused on the snow emergency routes and major arterials.
During a Stage One Event citizens are asked to: move parked cars off all arterials and fixed STA bus routes, move parked cares in residential hill routes to the odd side of the street, and clear sidewalks of snow within 24 hours.
The City also asks motorists to:
· Slow down, be patient, and drive according to conditions.
· Not to follow plows closely. They can generate clouds of snow making it difficult to see and can kick up sand.
· Not try to pass plow trucks; it's very dangerous.
· Not get between plows as they often work in teams of two or three
· Drive with caution when near a plow as the plow operator may not have the same field of vision as a smaller vehicle.
- Neighbors shocked about Blanchard shooting
- SPD investigating alleged attempted child abduction
- 179 "at risk" students to be excluded from school due to mumps outbreak
- SIRR team investigating weekend officer-involved shooting
- Deputies, suspect involved in Blanchard shooting identified
- Lind-Ritzville schools announce early release Tuesday