SPOKANE, Wash. - A Spokane certified public accountant was sentenced to 15 months in prison for filing false corporate income tax returns.
A press release sent out by the Department of Justice says Roger Stadmueller "willfully made and subscribed false and fraudulent corporate income tax returns for Zazz, Inc. For 2006, 2007, and 2008, which understated gross receipts by approximately $1.8 million." Stadmueller owned Zaxx, Inc.
Stadmueller pleaded guilty on July 26.
In addition to his prison sentence, Stadmueller will serve one year of supervised release and will pay $400,000 in restitution to the IRS.
- Preparing for icy winter weather
- Neighbor of suspect shocked by shooting
- SPD officers attempted tasing suspect before resorting to deadly force
- Unvaccinated students forced to stay home due to mumps outbreak
- 2 Bonner County deputies shot near Blanchard
- Baldwin leaving EWU for Cal offensive coordinator position