SPOKANE, Wash. - The Spokane City Council approved a permit Monday for a downtown skywalk.
The Spokesman-Review reports it will be the first new skywalk in the city in 20 years.
It will connect the convention center with the Grand Hotel Spokane, a 15-floor hotel under construction across the street.
The $1.5 million elevated walkway will be paid for by the Spokane Public Facilities District, which owns and runs the convention center.
The first Spokane skywalk was built as part of the redevelopment prior to Expo '74. Fifteen skywalks currently connect downtown buildings in Spokane.
- Statuses updated for injured Bonner deputies, suspected shooter
- Spokane Public Schools explains decision to hold class Wednesday
- Spokane crews working to fight potential floods
- Police investigate north Spokane shooting
- WSP responded to 100+ vehicle crashes in Spokane area Wednesday morning
- I-90 over Snoqualmie Pass closed all day, night