SPOKANE, Wash. - Spokane Police are investigating an early-morning burglary in progress where the suspect fired rounds inside the home.
At approximately 7:15 a.m. on Sunday, Spokane Police received a report of a burglary in progress at a home in the 900 block of E. Bridgeport. Officers were on-scene minutes after the original call and determined the suspect had entered the home with a firearm and had accessed the homeowner's firearm. The homeowner was able to exit the residence, unharmed, and the suspect remained inside, still armed.
As officers were working to secure the perimeter around the home, the suspect fired a round inside the house. No one was injured. As officers were working to get more information and resources to safely resolve the situation, the suspect exited the residence and was taken into custody without incident.
The suspect, identified as 43-year-old Jeremy S. Dreher, was arrested on a 1st Degree Burglary charge and two warrants.
- Idaho city officials eye former mill site along Spokane River
- Spokane man accused of sexually assaulting women faces serious penalties
- Trinity Catholic School breaks ground on new facillity
- New report says Spokane spends $1M on cops in schools
- Spokane man splits top prize in television reality show
- A robot that picks apples? Replacing humans worries some