SPOKANE, Wash. - The hottest ticket in town comes Thursday when the NCAA men's basketball tournament gets underway in Spokane, when eight teams will vie for a chance to advance to the Sweet 16.
At the Spokane Arena the excitement is building as the final touches are being made and the staff is ready for the Big Dance to begin.
"We have worked overtime to transform this arena into a basketball Mecca," Spokane Arena General Manager Matt Gibson said.
Harvard, Delaware, Cincinnati, Michigan State, Oklahoma, San Diego State, North Dakota State and New Mexico State will all play on this hardwood, with two of the teams advancing to the Sweet 16.
Gibson is stoked for the games to get underway.
"This is my most favorite weekend of the year coming up because we are part of something that is national, people get so excited about it, it is unique in the world of sports," he said.
Tickets are sold out, but you can still get in on the action. Try the NCAA ticket exchange where they still have tickets available. And if you can't get into the game you can still check out the practices all day Wednesday. Those practices are free and open to the public.
- Community helps SPD find hit and run suspect
- Several rallies, marches fill Spokane
- Woman arrested for South Hill hit and run
- Give 4 Kids raises over $58k for Children's Miracle Network
- Man who lost leg in motorcycle crash reunites with dentist who saved him
- 3D printing technology helps cardiologists save lives