SPOKANE, Wash. - The annual Band and Strings Spectacular was Tuesday night at the Spokane Veterans Memorial Arena. More than 2,600 students played their instruments in front of thousands of proud parents.
Most teachers and parents would agree just getting to this point was nothing short of a miracle.
"It's a lot of work getting it all put together and there are so many people that work together and pull it off," said band teacher Karen Budge.
The musicians were made up of 5th and 6th graders from Spokane Schools. For many of them the concert was an hour to prove to themselves what they're capable of, and to make their parents proud.
"It's fun because you get to do all these songs and it's really pretty amazing," said Chloe from Brown Elementary.
"Her playing tonight is a fantastic opportunity for her to grow as a person and grow as a musician," said Chloe's mom Tammi.
KXLY'S Kris Crocker emceed of the event.
- Man who lost leg in motorcycle crash reunites with dentist who saved him
- 3D printing technology helps cardiologists save lives
- National Prescription Drug Take Back Day
- Spokane man accused of sexually assaulting women faces serious penalties
- Idaho city officials eye former mill site along Spokane River
- Trinity Catholic School breaks ground on new facillity