SPOKANE, Wash. - Spokane International Airport purchased 844 acres of land near a future runway.
The Spokesman-Review reports the land was sold by Park West Properties of Kirkland for $2.4 million.
The land is in the path of a new runway the airport expects to build in 15 to 20 years.
Earlier this year the airport purchased 400 acres of land near Fairchild Air Force Base for $1.8 million.
- Preparing for icy winter weather
- Neighbor of suspect shocked by shooting
- SPD officers attempted tasing suspect before resorting to deadly force
- Unvaccinated students forced to stay home due to mumps outbreak
- 2 Bonner County deputies shot near Blanchard
- Baldwin leaving EWU for Cal offensive coordinator position