SPOKANE, Wash. - A nuisance house in the Indian Trail neighborhood was shut down thanks to neighbors working with Spokane Police officers.
The neighbors near the house, located at 3505 W. Indian Trail, worked with SPD officers, their Neighborhood Conditions Officer, and the Spokane City Attorney's Office.
SPD said officers have responded to the address 57 times over the past year for drugs, possible prostitution, reckless driving, property crimes, and bothering neighbors.
Neighbors organized and partnered with their Neighborhood Conditions Officer to petition to Spokane County Superior Court to shut the property down.
SPD officers were at the house on Thursday while contractors worked to clear, secure, and board up the property. Any returning tenants will be arrested for trespassing.
If you have a problem property in your neighborhood, contact your Neighborhood Conditions Officer.
- Potholes keeping Spokane crews busy
- Federal judge says he is inclined to let lawsuit proceed
- Senator to reporter: "None of your business" when education plan will be ready
- Stripper pleads guilty to running multi-state drug ring
- Study: Idaho natural gas and oil taxes below many states
- I-90 semi crash closes westbound lanes