The temperature was in the 80s Wednesday when Spokane International Airport officials dedicated a new $7.5 million facility for snow removal equipment.
The Spokesman-Review reports nearly $5 million of the cost was for eight new specialized snow plow trucks and snow blowers.
The money comes from a $4.50 facility fee on each departure ticket.
Airport officials say the new trucks will keep runways clear and flights on time in the winter.
- 4 Things To Know For Tuesday, April 25
- City Council approves $1.75m loan for Ridpath Redevelopment
- Mail Theft Ring Suspect Arrested
- City working to fill potholes despite poor road conditions
- Wrongful death lawsuit over case of Brenda Thurman still unresolved
- Post Falls company under fire for racist image