The temperature was in the 80s Wednesday when Spokane International Airport officials dedicated a new $7.5 million facility for snow removal equipment.
The Spokesman-Review reports nearly $5 million of the cost was for eight new specialized snow plow trucks and snow blowers.
The money comes from a $4.50 facility fee on each departure ticket.
Airport officials say the new trucks will keep runways clear and flights on time in the winter.
- Preparing for potential flooding
- Private plowers celebrating winter weather
- Providence Health Care restricting visitors to combat flu season
- Statuses updated for injured Bonner deputies, suspected shooter
- Spokane Public Schools explains decision to hold class Wednesday
- Spokane crews working to fight potential floods