SPOKANE VALLEY - The Spokane County Sheriff's Office is investigating a shooting at a house party in Spokane Valley.
The shooting happened at about 5 a.m. Sunday at a duplex near Mission and Progress. No one was injured.
Deputies say a fight broke out in the driveway at the duplex during a party. Someone pulled out a gun during the fight, but others at the party wrestled the gunman to the ground. During the struggle the gun did fire twice, but did not hit anyone.
The gunman and one other person fled the party in a vehicle. Deputies were able to find them along Pines road a short time later and both were arrested.
Due to the number of people at the party at the time of the shooting, detectives had to interview about 25 witnesses. There is a language barrier, so the investigation was slowed as Spanish-speaking officers were called in.
Though the gun was found inside the house and witnesses are cooperating with detectives, a search warrant is being obtained for the duplex.
- North Idaho millionare's estate up for auction
- Many seniors, mentally ill patients losing affordable housing
- Demand for new homes increasing, as is need for skilled workers and land
- Pickup plunges over 200-foot cliff, killing driver
- Domestic violence suspect flees after high speed chase
- Two men charged with burglarizing home