SPOKANE, Wash. - Sunday morning, Spokane police arrested a second man wanted in connection with a shooting early Saturday morning that left two people critically injured.
Police arrested Daniel J. Dublin Sunday morning for two counts of First Degree Assault stemming from the shooting in the 300 block of East Liberty.
Saturday evening, police nabbed 23-year-old Phillip C. Ruiz for two counts of First Degree Assault. Detectives anticipate making additional arrests as the investigation continues.
"When I got up around 4-4:30 am , I heard some gun shots, probably about 6-7 gun shots," Susan Burbridge said.
Susan Burbridge lives on the corner of Liberty and Lidgerwood, just a few houses down from where the shooting happened.Two injured in north Spokane shooting
"Well, we have kids and it's scary. We have great neighbors, all of the neighbors around us we know except for them, it's concerning," she added.
Spokane police said two people were taken to local hospital with critical injuries. Police believe the shooting is gang related.
Major Crimes Detectives and Spokane Violent Crimes Gang Enforcement Team spent all day executing search warrants at several locations, collecting evidence and trying to figure out who pulled the trigger.
- Neighbors shocked about Blanchard shooting
- SPD investigating alleged attempted child abduction
- 179 "at risk" students to be excluded from school due to mumps outbreak
- SIRR team investigating weekend officer-involved shooting
- Deputies, suspect involved in Blanchard shooting identified
- Lind-Ritzville schools announce early release Tuesday