SPOKANE, Wash. - One woman is hospitalized after being rescued from the water at Riverfront Park.
The first 911 call came in around 8:30 Friday evening, reporting a woman in the water near the Post Street Bridge.Riverfront Park water rescue sends one to hospital
Avista was contacted to shut down the hydroelectric turbines and make it safer for both the woman and rescuers.
Police estimate she had been in the water for about 10 minutes by the time crews reached her, but they don't know whether she jumped or fell into the river.
The woman was hysterical but otherwise uninjured. She was transported to an area hospital as a precaution.
- Driver arrested after Spokane Valley crash injures four juveniles
- Lawmakers don't want pot billboards to be appealing to kids
- Thousands of pennies to help nonprofit school
- Hundreds 'March for Science' in Spokane
- Pink Ribbon Run will raise funds for local breast cancer patients
- STA one step closer to Central City Line