SPOKANE, Wash. - Riverfront Park is a special part of downtown Spokane and so KXLY will be partnering with the city and local businesses to help give the park a much-needed facelift.
We'll be doing simple things like planting flowers in empty beds and picking up litter; simple things that will make Riverfront Park shine for Spokane's busy summer season.Riverfront Park
"As community members we have not only the obligation but the honor of keeping our community spaces clean and inviting and it just comes back in spades," downtown worker Laurie Davis said.
For Davis, the park provides a much-needed escape from the everyday hustle and bustle.
"It's an opportunity, especially during lunch hour or during break, to come down to the park and find a little bit of peace," she added.
Your chance to improve the park experience we all enjoy and cleanup areas of downtown is April 27 from 9 a.m. to noon. It won't just be work; the city will have refreshments for volunteers and live music after the cleanup.
- 4 Things To Know For April 26
- Spokane family knows first hand high demand for behavioral health services
- North Monroe project to move forward despite lingering concerns
- Bloomsday looking for more volunteers
- Historic Ridpath hotel to be turned into affordable housing
- Problematic drug house in Spokane boarded up