SPOKANE - The Spokane County Sheriff's Office and SWAT team led an hours-long standoff Sunday morning with a man wanted for a felony weapons violation.
The initial call to police was made around 3:20 a.m. with reports of gun shots in the parking lot of the Sullivan Court Apartments in the 500 block of South Sullivan Road.
When deputies arrived, they detained two men attempting to leave the apartment complex. They told deputies that they had been inside one of the units and were arguing with another man, later identified as 32-year-old Justin Roberson.
Deputies learned Roberson had a felony warrant out for his arrest for a weapons violation. Knowing that Roberson might have a weapon, the complex was secured and the Sheriff's SWAT team was brought in to negotiate with Roberson.
At about 6:20 a.m. Roberson was taken into custody without incident. He was booked into the Spokane County Jail on his felony warrant.
- Thousands of pennies to help nonprofit school
- Hundreds 'March for Science' in Spokane
- Pink Ribbon Run will raise funds for local breast cancer patients
- STA one step closer to Central City Line
- Providence Health Care to break ground on new behavioral health hospital
- Man charged with almost a dozen sexual assaults