SPOKANE, Wash. - A massive peanut butter recall due to salmonella has spread to ice cream.
Meadowgold is voluntarily recalling two types of Albertson's brand ice cream.
The recall affects the Peanut Butter Cup and Peanut Butter Chocolate varieties. They were sold in Washington, Oregon, Idaho and about a dozen other states.
The Peanut Butter Cup ice cream that is available for a refund has an expiration date between April 6, 2011 and Sept. 25, 2013. The UPC code on the bottom of the ice cream reads: 4116345891.
The Chocolate Peanut Butter ice cream that is available for a refund has a best buy date between March 26, 2011 and Aug. 3, 2013. The UPC code on the bottom of the ice cream reads: 4116345903.
If you have either of these, Meadowgold said to throw away the ice cream and return the package where you bought it for a full refund.
No illnesses have been reported.
- City Council approves $1.75m loan for Ridpath Redevelopment
- Mail Theft Ring Suspect Arrested
- City working to fill potholes despite poor road conditions
- Wrongful death lawsuit over case of Brenda Thurman still unresolved
- Post Falls company under fire for racist image
- Officer not charged in May 2016 shooting