CHENEY, Wash. - The Spokane County Sheriff's Office and Cheney Police are investigating an apparent murder suicide at the Rosebrook Inn in Cheney.
Cheney Police went to the apartment for a welfare check Saturday morning. Inside the apartment they found the bodies of a man and a woman, a gun and shell casings.
Detectives say the victims were neighbors. The male victim lived in unit 7, the female victim in unit 5.Possible Cheney murder suicide under investigation
The male victim was last seen Wednesday and was reported as a missing person on Friday.
Detectives said Cheney police officers knocked on the door of unit 7 Friday evening but did not get a response or notice anything unusual.
This case is still under investigation.
- Lind-Ritzville schools announce early release Tuesday
- 80-year-old woman dies in northern Idaho house fire
- Mexico club shooting: Spokane woman one of the injured
- Preparing for icy winter weather
- Neighbor of suspect shocked by shooting
- SPD officers attempted tasing suspect before resorting to deadly force