SPOKANE, Wash. - A suicidal man is safe after he got down off the cement railing of the Monroe Street Bridge Wednesday afternoon.
The man was standing on the cement railing of the bridge yelling at police who were trying to negotiate with the man to come down from the railing.
The bridge was shut down in both directions as police were trying to talk the man out of jumping.
Once he got down off the railing he was placed in the back of a patrol car.
- City Council approves $1.75m loan for Ridpath Redevelopment
- Mail Theft Ring Suspect Arrested
- City working to fill potholes despite poor road conditions
- Wrongful death lawsuit over case of Brenda Thurman still unresolved
- Post Falls company under fire for racist image
- Officer not charged in May 2016 shooting