SPOKANE, Wash. - A suicidal man is safe after he got down off the cement railing of the Monroe Street Bridge Wednesday afternoon.
The man was standing on the cement railing of the bridge yelling at police who were trying to negotiate with the man to come down from the railing.
The bridge was shut down in both directions as police were trying to talk the man out of jumping.
Once he got down off the railing he was placed in the back of a patrol car.
- SPD officers attempted tasing suspect before resorting to deadly force
- Unvaccinated students forced to stay home due to mumps outbreak
- 2 Bonner County deputies shot near Blanchard
- Baldwin leaving EWU for Cal offensive coordinator position
- National Weather Service issues Ice Storm Warning for Grant County
- Thousands turn out for MLK march