Spokane Police are searching for a suspect involved in a chase with officers after he was spotted in a stolen vehicle Wednesday afternoon.
A police sergeant spotted a stolen vehicle with the suspect, identified as Samuel T. Banks, inside the car, a late model green Honda Accord, attempting to start it. The sergeant moved up on the car with his weapon drawn and ordered the suspect to get out of the vehicle.
Banks reportedly got the car started and started to drive off; as he did the back window of the vehicle was open and caught the officer's weapon, which fell into the back of the vehicle.
Officers chased Banks across town, which resulted in several collisions including one at Dalke and Lidgerwood and ended when Banks got out of the car and took off on foot in the vicinity of Holy Family Hospital.
Police officers found and recovered the service weapon from inside the vehicle.
Banks is described as a white male, born in 1988, is 5'7" and is considered dangerous.
- City Council approves $1.75m loan for Ridpath Redevelopment
- Mail Theft Ring Suspect Arrested
- City working to fill potholes despite poor road conditions
- Wrongful death lawsuit over case of Brenda Thurman still unresolved
- Post Falls company under fire for racist image
- Officer not charged in May 2016 shooting