SPOKANE, Wash. - Spokane police are looking for a man who shot and seriously injured a man in North Spokane Thursday night.
Officers said just after 9 p.m. a man wearing a hockey mask forced his way into a unit at Hillandale Apartments on Colton Street and Magnesium Road, shattering the back door. The man then started shooting and hit a man believed to be in his 60s in the torso.
Police said the victim's two teenage kids were also home at the time. An officer said they were not physically hurt.
The shooter got away and police have not been able to track him down yet. The shooter is described as a white man who is 5'10" and has a stocky build.Police search for north Spokane shooting suspect
The victim was transported to a local hospital and had surgery early Friday morning.
If anyone has information, they are urged to call the police.
- Man who lost leg in motorcycle crash reunites with dentist who saved him
- 3D printing technology helps cardiologists save lives
- National Prescription Drug Take Back Day
- Spokane man accused of sexually assaulting women faces serious penalties
- Idaho city officials eye former mill site along Spokane River
- Trinity Catholic School breaks ground on new facillity